9.01.2011

Graceful Balls at Play

Writing with a Guinness.
“Courage is grace under pressure.” - Ernest Hemingway
Do you have courage or are you just a cowardly lion? Do you hide behind your big mane even though underneath it all you’re just a *****?
Courage isn’t something that we are born with. It is something that we develop through difficult experiences. Looking fear in the eyes and not backing down is courage. There can be many fears in one’s life. Little fears and big fears both require courage to overcome. 
Recently I made a conscious decision not to allow my fears to control my life. I decided that I would face my fears one by one and embark on a journey to find my own inner-strength, my courage. Girls in the south aren’t really brought up to be courageous. We are supposed to make sure our hair and makeup is always just right, and charm the world with our smiles. That doesn’t require much courage, nor would I change that about myself for a second. I adore being a woman and all the things associated with it.
We all need courage in our lives. We all need inner-strength. Without it, how do you go after your dreams? You don’t. You sit there making excuses and being unhappy. You sit. You wait. You dream. Why waste away like that? Don’t. Get off your ass. Even if it’s just a small step towards facing your fears, do it. Live your life. Live it well and without fear. 
One of my biggest fears is writing. I have the thoughts and ideas in my head, but putting them down on ‘paper’ is the hard part.  I’m always afraid of the ‘grammar police’ and the ‘cowardly critics’.  Screw them. I’m putting it out there. If it helps one person, then it’s well worth it. 
Don’t be afraid of life. Life is beautiful, if you allow it to be.


Did you grow a set? Share your story, sandie@augustagolfgirl.com  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment