11.23.2011

18 Thankful Thoughts



1. I'm thankful to be alive; to have a lifetime to explore, share, learn, grow and live.

2. I'm thankful for my good health; a sound mind and body that's needed to accomplish my goals and reach for my dreams.

3. I'm thankful for a place to call home; a warm bed and the security of having such.

4. I'm thankful for a healthy and loving son. My life would not be the same without him. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mother and I cherish my parental responsibility.

5. I am thankful for two legs that are strong. Without them, I wouldn't be able to run and without running I would lose my sanity. Running and reaching goals has strengthened my mind and body so very much. 

6. I am thankful for those around me that love me. I am thankful for their friendship and their love. I am thankful for the time that they take out to talk, listened and be there in my life. 

7. I am thankful for every second of my past. I have made mistakes, but I live without regret. Life is a journey of experiences that make us who we are. I am forever grateful. 

8. I am thankful for the ability to work and earn a living. Not everyone is fortunate enough to live without disability and I do not take this for granted.

9. I am thankful for the smiles that people share along the journey of life. A smile is the easiest way to brighten someone's day, thank you.

10. I am thankful for warm clothes to wear when it is cold and for the shoes I put on my feet. There are people without this very basic necessity and I do not take this for granted.

11. I am thankful for my able hands. Without my hands I would not be able to play the game that has brought so much joy into my life, golf. Without hands, I wouldn't be able to type and it would make sharing my thoughts and ideas much harder. I would find a way, but I am thankful that I do not need to.

12. I am thankful for not having to worry about where my next meal is coming from. I know this is a reality in so many people's lives and I do not take this for granted. I want to do everything within my power to help those in need of food. No one should go hungry.

13. I am thankful for a family that loves me. I am thankful for a mom that still checks on me. I am thankful for brothers that look after their big sister. I am thankful for the memories of my late-sister that comfort me. I am thankful for her life and what facing her death did to change me as a person. I am thankful for my extended family and their love and support.

14. I am thankful for the love of a man that shall remain nameless. I am thankful for his soul. I am thankful for his love and for the time that I spent with him. I am thankful.

15. I am thankful for my freedom. I am thankful for every person that has ever done anything to protect it, enforce it and honor it. I am thankful for the freedom of speech and the freedom to live life without fear.

16. I am thankful for my son's loving and responsible father. His father and I are no longer together, but I am thankful for a positive post-divorce relationship that is focused on what's best for our son.

17. I am thankful for my sense of humor. Life wouldn't be as much fun without it. I am thankful for the ability to laugh and the use humor to deal with some of the BS.

18. I am thankful for you, yes, you. I am thankful for you taking time out of your life to read my thoughts. I am thankful for your support of my dreams. I am thankful for a connection with you. I am thankful for your friendship. I am thankful for you.   

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU for your dedication and passion! It DOES inspire others.

    -Dayne

    ReplyDelete